home / services / crowns & bridges
Crowns & Bridges | Dentist Renton
Bringing Smiles to Your Renton Neighborhood Since 1999
Prosthetic devices such as crowns and bridges are cemented onto your teeth to restore any damaged ones. Once they're attached onto your teeth, they can only be removed by your dentist.
A dental crown can restore your damaged tooth. It also improves your apprearance as well as teeth alignment. With porcelain crowns, it matches to your teeth color, so it looks amazing when you smile. A crown can also be placed on top of a titanium post, which is an implant, to provide a tooth shape and struction for better function.
You may need dental crowns for the following reasons:
- When there is not enough tooth remaining to replace a large filling
- When restoring a fractured tooth
- When an implant is placed into your jaw bone, a crown is needed to cover the titanium post.
- When you have a discolored tooth
- When root canal treatment had been performed, a crown is needed.
A dental bridge is a fixed prosthetic device that replaces missing teeth. Bridges are usually made of porcelain fused to metal, and it has two crowns onto the two abutment teeth and they're attached to artificial teeth to fill the missing space.